How does stress affect the skin?
When stressed, the level of the stress hormone cortisol rises. This can lead to an increase in sebum production which can result in breakouts, psoriasis and eczema. Dry skin patches may also be visible as stressed skin can become less supple, less hydrated.
Research now shows that stress can also prematurely age the skin by causing muscles to tense, leading to lines and wrinkles. Any type of tension can also divert energy from digesting, repairing and cleansing - when toxins build up in the body this can prevent the efficient absorption of nutrients.
Sleep is important as this is when the skin's growth and repair cycle works most effectively. At some point in our lives we have all experienced a bad night's sleep due to stress. It is widely known that stress is the number one reason for interrupted sleep patterns.
LP Skin Therapy has been designed to treat skin holistically to help reduce the effects of stress on the skin. This scientifically advanced skincare collection is packed with vitamins, actives and ingredients containing nootropics to help calm skin and regulate mood with fragrances to uplift, energise and relax.
Alongside using LP Skin Therapy try the following tips to help reduce stress and improve your skin:
• Take regular exercise - it helps release tension and brings a healthy glow to skin.
• Identify the reasons for stress, write them down, what is causing the stress and express how you are feeling; you will soon see a pattern emerge and can identify major sources of stress.
• Enjoy time for rest and relaxation on a daily basis even if it's just for 30mins a day - spend time doing activities you enjoy, your skin will thank you for it.
• Have regular treatments to improve skin and body condition - take time out for yourself to relax, even if it's a soak in the bath or a hair treatment or face mask. A relaxed mind and body will pay dividends to your skin condition and will make you feel more positive in the long run.
• And finally, be sure to get plenty of sleep all weekend and eat lots of fruits and vegetables, the results will show.